The global economic downturn has made it imperative for governments to cut their budget portfolio. The public sector is compelled to achieve supply chain excellence in order to maintain existing service levels with reduced funding.
Central and local government executives across Europe agree that delivering the usual standard services at reduced costs means that supply chains and business processes will have to be re-engineered for efficiency and optimal performance. Many government bodies are beginning to realise good value from the different transformations and still complying with the vital regulations.
Many councils, local authorities and other government organisations like the NHS have discovered that increased collaboration through outsourcing part or all of the supply chain is an effective route to saving money while delivering excellent services. Outsourcing procurement of both products and services can unleash value hidden in every link of the supply chain. Partnering with DGS to combine procurement and logistics will generate savings for many councils and government bodies. DGS with its partners have been involved in delivering transformational change programmes for some local authorities. There is no doubt that we have the competence and experience to partner with you to improve your supply chain and deliver the required service excellence.
Many areas that DGS can help deliver solutions include:
- Asset management and tracking
- Logistics and Supply Chain strategy formulation and implementation
- Logistics technology solutions deployments
- Transformational change programmes
- Business process and performance audit
- Business Process re-engineering
- Restructure logistics contracts
- Procurement management
- Business Intelligence and Management Information Deployments
- P3O implementation and management
- Inventory and warehouse/stores management
- Spare Parts Management
- Vehicle Management
- Audit Management
- Equipment and Supplies
- Infrastructure Management